Monday, November 16, 2009

IMovie Essay: AIM

An application I’ve found much interest in since its introduction to my attention is AIM (AOL Instant Messenger). AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) “is an instant messaging and presence computer program which uses the proprietary OSCAR instant messaging protocol and the TOC protocol to allow registered users to communicate in real time. It was released by AOL in May 1997”

For those who aren’t familiar with the application, it’s probably for their best, as many first time users love it from their first time trying it. What’s most interesting of AIM is it’s history and capabilities. Beginning with solely a single conversation with a digital culture language, the application has grown into one of the most widely used programs. Resources such as chat rooms, video chats, and all sorts of file sharing make it the ultimate online messaging service.

Connecting with themes of literacy, and mass communication as we’ve covered earlier in the year, I plan to tie many other forms or literacy and technology to the project. I plan to elaborate on the conception of digital dialect, the history of the program, and tying this all to many subject we’ve discussed this year.

As of now, I plan to use older photos of the original templates of the program in comparison to the modern one. Also, I plan to go in depth on the applications with the program.

As far as interviews and permissions, I haven’t secured any, but I plan to have that changed very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment